1, 2  Next
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:25 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Ok here is my own personal rant about an upcoming game for all platforms. This might come off like an infomercial. Has anyone been looking for a new FPS....regardless of online play for your Playstation 2? Have most new fps franchises been boring you? Are you looking for an FPS with both fun multiplayer...and awsome single player?

Well that game is finally coming to the United States...

JUDGE DREDD VS JUDGE DEATH

This game was released in europe sometime ago. I have had a pirated version of the PC copy for quite sometime now. So I have played the game! I can vouch for it. The game is coming out multiplatform....so take your pick.....gamecube, xbox, ps2, pc. The only version of the game that will be online is the PC version.

The console versions will all have splitscreen multiplayer for up to 4 people.

It also has tons of arcade modes a la timesplitters for instance. Very similar modes, where you have a shotgun and zombies are pouring in from all over and you have to kill as many as possible before you die.

The single player storyline is a full on single player experience with mission after mission. So it's not just some deathmatch game, it has a full single player experience.

btw....it just keeps getting better....

The game has 2 player CO-OP through the entire single player mode!!!!!!

Also I would like to point out finally........this game will be selling on all major consoles, for $19.99!!!!!!

And that's not all, the PC version of the game will be selling at fucking $14.99! The PC version even has both online multiplayer and online co-op!!!!

The game was set to come out here in the US last march, and then this november, and then got delayed once again to this Febuary. The game hits stores 02/08/2005.

Personally I can't wait for this game. The graphics are amazing, the guns are fucking awsome, and single player gameplay is really really strong. If your looking for an FPS to pickup that has tons of gameplay options and solid graphics, check out Judge Dredd vs Judge Death.

I am going to be picking up the PS2 version on release day. (sad thing is I like this game so much I'll be buying the GC and PC versions down the road as well, PC for the online, GC for the 4 player support....since I refuse to spend money on a multi-tap)

Last edited by lordnikon on Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
rank 39
Posted:
Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:11 am
quote : #2
i havent heard too much about this .... thanks nikon for the info
Posted:
Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:31 pm
quote : #3
heh i saw that game in EGm for xbox looked like it would bomb or somethin but it wouldn't hurt to check it out..
Posted:
Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:05 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U
i saw the first pic for that game way early in 2002, i've searched for videos and stuff on it for a while, but it seemed like the game was never going to be release so thits is awesome news. I'll probably go with the cube version.
XBOX 360 - Gears of War 3
MICHAE2414
rank 24
Posted:
Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:32 pm
quote : #5
Man, now I can't wait for the game after that rant of yours, nikon. Wink lol. PC version might have to be the one for me, but I'll most likely go PS2.
Posted:
Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:30 am
quote : #6
Damn, sorry guys, I completly forgot to tell you. The PC demo has been out for this game for ages now. I think almost 2 years. You guys should check it out. You can get it anywhere basically. Fileplanet, gamespot DLX, 3D gamers. Search at any pc demo site and you'll find it.

The download is about 150MB.
rank 39
Posted:
Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:38 am
quote : #7
kool ill have to try the demo out... it it just single player and how long is it?
Posted:
Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:14 am
quote : #8
Yesterday i talked to a friend of mine about this game, only to have him tell me that he already has it on his pc, so today he's bringing me a burned copy, so looks like i'll be checking it out before i buy the cube version Very Happy
Spidhopddy
rank 13
Posted:
Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:48 pm
quote : #9
isnt this the one on the xbox? remember the one that came out like 4 months ago.

*High Score on SWBF* 89 Kills -12 Deaths -19 Captures
Total Time Played: 6 hours and 48 minutes
Total Games: 67
Kills: 722
Deaths: 150
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:24 am
quote : #10
Spidhopddy wrote:
isnt this the one on the xbox? remember the one that came out like 4 months ago.

What one?
rank 39
Posted:
Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:43 am
quote : #11
no this is different.
Posted:
Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:23 am
quote : #12
ok so i got the pc version from my friend, i installed it and everything but when i try to start it it says unable to launch directsound incompatible sound card or driver. What am i suppose to do Sad
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:27 pm
quote : #13
prophet138 wrote:
ok so i got the pc version from my friend, i installed it and everything but when i try to start it it says unable to launch directsound incompatible sound card or driver. What am i suppose to do Sad

Sounds like you need to get a compatible sound card driver. :/ One of the strengths of console gaming, PC games constantly have hardware conflicts.
rank 21
Posted:
Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:44 pm
quote : #14
prophet138 wrote:

How old is your machine? What kind of sound card do you have? Or is the sound card built into the motherboard? If it is built into the motherboard, run Windows Update and check ONLY for sound drivers. If it is separate from the motherboard, then figure out who makes the card and search the web for up-to-date drivers. If your motherboard/sound card is relatively new (past five years, actually) you shouldn't be having this problem. You may also need to upgrade to the lastest version of DirectX (directsound is part of directX, just like direct3d and directinput, etc.). This is why open standards like OpenGL and OpenAL are much nicer. They work on all systems (Window, Mac, Linux, GC, PS2) and are easily support/implemented. DirectX is a Microsoft product, therefore you're bound to run into issues with it.

Mir_wan
rank 39
Posted:
Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:10 am
quote : #15
i think im going to get the PC version first... anyone know the specs? i m pretty sure i can handle it but i just want to make sure