Page 1 of 1
Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:55 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I just rented Dead to rights 2 from blockbuster which is a coo game nonetheless but it cost me fuckin $7.59 to rent it which brings me to my question on the recepit they gave me it read:
Rental product kept more than 7 days after the due date is converted to a sale.Sale may be reveresed by returning the product within 30 days of the sale date and paying a $1.25 restocking fee.Franchise
restocking fees may vary.
So what i'm trying to figure out is if this means that I can keep the rented game almost a month but only have to pay $1.25 in late fees
Posted:
Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:16 pm
quote : #2
Yea, the "no late fees" at Blockbuster is a bit of a doozy. I've got it figured it out, though:

You pay $___ for the 1-week rental. It's due on the 8th day by noon, but you're allowed to hold on to it for another 7 days without late fees. (Hence, no more late fees.) After the 7th day past the due date, the rental is then considered a sale and that you intend to be purchasing the game by holding it for this long. So, instead of returning it, they charge you the difference (sale price minus rental price), which is usually $33.00. Then, you have 30 days to send it back and get your $33.00 refunded, but there's a $1.25 restocking fee that you have to pay for in order for that to happen.

So, theoretically, you CAN keep it for a month and only pay $1.25. You'll get charged as a sale 14 days after the day you rent it, but that'll get refunded if you return it in 30 days. Then, to get that return and refund done, you'd pay $1.25. So, yeah, what you said works.
Posted:
Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:22 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
...And that's why I signed-up for GameFly. You can keep the game as long as you want and only pay a flat fee, no matter how many times you rent games.

-Mytho
Posted:
Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:05 pm
quote : #4
yeah that no late fee was considered a scam i think... someone was going to investigate it
Posted:
Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:50 am
quote : #5
TheMytho wrote:
...And that's why I signed-up for GameFly. You can keep the game as long as you want and only pay a flat fee, no matter how many times you rent games.

-Mytho

Yeah, that seems to be the most reasonable way to rent games. I haven't rented games at Blockbuster in a really long ass time so I wouldn't know and yes I think the "no more late fees" is a scam. Shocked Confused Very Happy
ESPN NFL 2K5
007 Everything or Nothing
SOCOM II
Need For Speed Underground 1 and 2
Medal of Honor: Rising Sun