$49.99!!!!

*starts dancing*

Last edited by lordnikon on Wed May 17, 2006 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
rank 4
Posted:
Wed May 17, 2006 8:39 am
quote : #2
profile : pm
haha looks really cool and a decent price too! ! !

The only bargins ive had this year is SLAI for £9.99

and my total control 3 for £2 ! ! second hand but a steal !

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed May 17, 2006 10:22 am
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yea this model arcade stick would have cost me over 100.00 to buy off of Play-Asia. ($79.90 + $25.00 SH)

Also it is a HORI brand arcade stick, and they don't sell these sticks in the United States. In-fact this is the first time these types of sticks were sold here, and only via this Limited Edition package. It originally retailed here for 89.90.

So to get it for 49.99 is a rediculious buy.

Also, I think everyone here got a pretty good deal on SLAI. I scored mine for $15 after shipping. By the way fanoid I have been meaning to let you know a few weeks ago I accepted your request to join the OC team on SLAI. So you are now a member. We need to hook up and play soon, as I love SLAI.
rank 11
Posted:
Wed May 17, 2006 1:47 pm
quote : #4
We had that pack at my GameCrazy for $99.99, including the stick, Tekken 5, and that rad case with a spot for Tekkens 1-5.

Damn, though, fifty bucks? That's awesome. I had a guy come in and buy two of them, he modded the sticks and put them in his arcade cabinet (complete with Tekken designs). He brought in pictures and it was the goddamned coolest thing I'd ever seen. I wanted soooo bad to go over to his house and play it, but he a really creepy dude, so i never did.

Great score.

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Wed May 17, 2006 8:17 pm
quote : #5
HOLY SHIT

I have to ask: Where did you score this insane deal?

-Mytho
Posted:
Wed May 17, 2006 9:12 pm
quote : #6
I got it at Fry's Electronics. MasterChief is gonna be pissed because he lives in Chicago too, and this is the only Fry's in chicago. I should note I didn't see any others, and I looked around too since I wanted to avoid carrying the box around with me as I was shopping, since the thing is quite heavy. So as I was looking for games I had to move the thing around and protect it so someone else didn't snag it.

If any of you have a Fry's near you, I would scope the place out to see if they have this for the same price. You might get lucky.

Thing is I already own a Hori stick, so now I have 2 :] But they are slightly different in design. The other stick I have is the SC2 Hori stick with green buttons.
rank 11
Posted:
Wed May 17, 2006 10:50 pm
quote : #7
Fry's kicks so much ass. Everything there is generally cheaper than everywhere else, and sometimes you can find some ridiculous deals there (like Nikon did).

I just moved back to Boise Idaho, so there isn't a Fry's for hundreds of miles. I'll be visiting Eugene OR again sometime before the year ends, so I plan on hitting the one in Wilsonville. I remember both the Burbank and City of Industry stores back from when I lived in California, and they were huge.

I only wish they sold stuff online.

MasterChief
rank 16
Posted:
Thu May 18, 2006 12:07 am
quote : #8
lordnikon wrote:
MasterChief is gonna be pissed because he lives in Chicago too, and this is the only Fry's in chicago. I should note I didn't see any others.

damnit.

RIP Dark Slayer 5000
Treey
rank 5
Posted:
Thu May 18, 2006 7:05 pm
quote : #9
If you EVER say 'nifty', or 'neat' again I will poke your eyes out. No seriously.

Anyway, great find. Couldn't hook a brother up???? Later

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Thu May 18, 2006 8:27 pm
quote : #10
Treey wrote:
If you EVER say 'nifty', or 'neat' again I will poke your eyes out. No seriously.

Who said neat or nifty?!

Treey wrote:
Anyway, great find. Couldn't hook a brother up???? Later

Dude, I DID hook a brother up. Remember that HORI arcade stick I got you?
rank 5
Posted:
Fri May 19, 2006 5:03 pm
quote : #11
Sorry, when E-mails and posts collide...for the benefit of everyone else, I present exhibit A

"It is basically just like your arcade stick only with a wider base. Getting this same model off play-asia would have cost me well over 100.00. (79.90 + 25 SH). And that is just for the arcade stick alone! Since this bundle came with Tekken 5 and this neat DVD case where if I owned every Tekken game from PS1 to PS2 I could put them in this nifty case. But I probobly won't use it since Tekken 4 is mediocre, and Tekken 1,2,3 are all on Tekken 5 in arcade perfect quality. So all I am really missing is picking up Tekken Tag. "

~Treey
DLoS

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri May 19, 2006 6:12 pm
quote : #12
Dude, the case IS both nifty and neat! It unfolds into a huge super long line (which is pretty nifty), and then each panel that holds a disc, has artwork from that tekken game (which is pretty neat).
rank 7
Posted:
Mon May 22, 2006 1:11 pm
quote : #13
Yea man that kicks butt that you found that at your local Fry's just so happen I check my local Fry's and found them there for the same price tha you listed and was so close to getting one but ended up getting a Logitech Driving Force Pro for $100.00 bucks even ( i have a friend at Fry's who hooked it up with a AP discount... Smile

I'm definelty gonna try to get the tekken game this week around the 26 (when i cash my check) cause its a steal.

lanzarlaluna
rank 6
Posted:
Tue May 23, 2006 10:12 pm
quote : #14
Consider myself a member of the "deal find of the year" club. I hit up Fry's here in Austin tonight and scored one. I walked around a bit and didn't see anything, but I asked a clerk and he grabbed one from the back. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

kingofgrills
rank 7
Posted:
Thu May 25, 2006 11:05 am
quote : #15
Shocked Shocked Shocked Question Exclamation Exclamation

Great score, Nikon! Hori sticks are incredible. That's fantastic!

Hello Children!
Check out Scent of a Robot at http://www.petemiser.com/