Page Location: Home > Playstation 2 Lounge > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:44 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
After 75 Playstation 2 games, my streak is now over. I have gone all this time without buying a Greatest Hits game. The thing is, I wasn't trying. This chain of events naturally unfolded. Now, I do have "some" Greatest Hits titles, but these are special releases that were different from their original releases:

Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution
Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition Remix
Twisted Metal Black + Online Disc

Every single one of my other Playstation 2 games are original releases. There are many releases that I somehow managed to dodge. For instance I bought Grand Theft Auto 3 off my brother. I managed to recently track down the original Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening. Killzone I ordered right when the price drop occurred, and thus was able to get the original copy before the GH's games moved in. Also, I somehow got an original Socom 2 long after this game went Greatest Hit's.

So today, after all this time, I have just now finally ended my streak. It was bound to happen sometime, since there are games now like the Jak 1 and Jak 2 that you can't find in their original release format, still sealed.

The Greatest Hit's game in question that my brother graciously purchased for me, is: Maximo: Ghosts to Glory
rank 7
Posted:
Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:23 am
quote : #2
I dont like the Red Stripe Of the Greatest Hits Cases when placed in my PS2 collection....(they tend to sitck out comparedto the other great games I own).....And its always good to pick up a game right after its been anounced as a greatest Hits ( I've done it for GT4, Socom 2 and God of War as of the recent). Who can say no to good quality PS2 games at 20.00 bucks, it would be a shame not to!!!

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:39 am
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
Well my streak is back. I recently acquired Maximo: Ghosts to Glory in non-greatest hits form. So now I could sell my sealed Greatest hits version of the game, and my collection would be pure again Very Happy