Page Location: Home > Playstation 2 Lounge > Topic
Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:02 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Okay I'm playing this game just as I noramlly would an all but then I get to a save point and try to save then I get this wierd ass Save failed error when everthings been plain fine before, also when I try to load a game the screen'll go black like its gona load then it pops back up with load failed........ Confused This is getting plain aggrivating how I keep playing these games only for some bullshit to go wrong with something to cause me to start all over.I mean damn I was like 80% done! The heck could cause this?

Last Straw....Im gettin this first chance I get.
http://us.codejunkies.com/shop/product.asp?c=US&cr=USD&cs=$&r=0&l=1&ProdID=294
Posted:
Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:51 pm
quote : #2
When you say in the thing. Do you mean in the game called "The Thing?"

Was this an official Sony Memory card? or third party?
rank 27
Posted:
Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:07 pm
quote : #3
lordnikon wrote:
When you say in the thing. Do you mean in the game called "The Thing?"

Was this an official Sony Memory card? or third party?

Yuup the game called The Thing. Maybe it had to do with me constantly saving because what I would do is kill some enemies, come back to the save point ,save again then kill some more, than save again like 3 times a level since it wasnt really limted how many times you could save at a point and I wanted to make sure I didnt have to redo much when/if I died at a later point. And yes this was an official memory card and I also checked if it was the cards fault by loading up other saves on it but those were fine.I still wanna know why something like this would happen when I dont feel like I moved the card or anything as I was saving.
Posted:
Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:59 pm
quote : #4
This happened with my Prince of Persia save while I playing a second time through for unlocking the original. Very annoying when save data corrupts or craps out on you like that, and I would personally attribute it to bad game coding for memory card management. It sounds like that's the cause of your problem with The Thing with all that backtracking and such, but I could be wrong.
Posted:
Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:47 am
quote : #5
MICHAE2414 wrote:
This happened with my Prince of Persia save while I playing a second time through for unlocking the original. Very annoying when save data corrupts or craps out on you like that, and I would personally attribute it to bad game coding for memory card management. It sounds like that's the cause of your problem with The Thing with all that backtracking and such, but I could be wrong.

I'm surprised by myself here, I was only mad about it for about 10mins,then I just turned on my music and the anger went away. But yea you're prolly right Michae because I was saving a bit every level/area since save points aren't always at the beginning of the levels and I also only had literally 2kb's worth of free space on the card which I feel mighta also been a factor in it somehow,like the save overwrite only got to be half completed or something and instead of saying it couldn't fit it jut tried to finish it thus creating my corrupted save.
Posted:
Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:44 am
quote : #6
This thread makes me realise how much of a lifesaver that memory card backup function is on the official HDD.
rank 24
Posted:
Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:09 pm
quote : #7
lordnikon wrote:
This thread makes me realise how much of a lifesaver that memory card backup function is on the official HDD.

Very true. I backup everything to the HDD now, ever since I got it. Lifesaver if I ever pop in the Holiday 2004 demo disc and play the Viewtiful Joe 2 demo again.