Page Location: Home > Archive > Phantasy Star Universe (Archive) > Topic
U-235
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:48 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Today I ran across the infamous hacker, Optimus Prime, running around on Universe 1. He was trying to get everyone to join up with him. I did ask if he ever played Gamecube PSO and he said yes, so this is definitely the same guy. If you see him, AVOID HIM AT ALL COSTS. His intentions are only malicious. I have been told that you can't hack PSU like you can PSO, but I wouldn't know anything about that. Just to be safe, avoid this dude.
Posted:
Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:08 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Optimus Prime is a common name. I just saw an iNfAmOuS_somethingorother_ just before doing a De Ragon B run. He was talking about Nugz and some other dude (Soulja??) That freaked me out. I doubt Opty can do any damage, though. I saw him a few days ago as well. Heck, it may not even be the same person. Just someone who happened to play PSOGC and decided to make Optimus Prime in PSU (though he looks nothing like ol' Prime, at least the one I saw).

U-235
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:18 pm
quote : #3
Yeah it's the same guy. You saying he was talking about Nugz proves it. He probably can't do much damage, but best to be careful.
Posted:
Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:20 pm
quote : #4
Aren't the characters stored on the server side for PSU? If so, this would help quite a bit with h4x0rz and whatnot.

U-235
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:39 am
quote : #5
Yeah characters and whatnot are all on server side, and from what I've been told, PSU is unhackable. I think where there's a will, there's a way. I guess they figured out ways on PSOBB, and that character info was also stored on the server.
Posted:
Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:15 pm
quote : #6
wait a minute ain't that guy they call infamus poo ? if so RLH the basterd fsod me mad times back in the day Evil or Very Mad
Posted:
Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:32 am
quote : #7
Nope different, and far more dangerous, guy Loki. This dude would FSOD anyone he came across.
Posted:
Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:45 am
quote : #8
Type: NTSC-U/C
There's one major difference between PSU and PSO:

PSO had characters stored server-side, but everything else was, for the most part, still client-side.

EVERYTHING in PSU is server-side. Notice some lag when you go to switch weapons (I get this a lot when switching wands)? That's because it's being done server-side. Your synthesis? Server-side. Hell, your movements are probably determine server-side. It really does help with the hacking quite a bit.