Page Location: Home > Playstation 2 Lounge > Topic
OmegaChrono
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:31 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I've been considering getting PS2 again for awhile now, my old one broke probably over a year a go and I've been planning to get a new one, but I always end up spending it on something else. The only games I've been playing have been on my PSP Or DS.
I'm starting to think it may be better just to save up for one of the next-gen systems.

Blast
rank 19
Posted:
Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:40 am
quote : #2
If you are talking games in general then no I would say its a very good time to get into PS2 gaming again. Games are dirt cheap there are still some releases, probably the best time to get into PS2 I think. Better to do it now rather than in say 7 years when the games especially good ones are harder to find and have probably increased in value again.

If you are talking online though different story. Many games are empty and a few games hold 90% of the players some of which have fee's. If you want online gaming where you hop on and play then I wouldent suggest a PS2. If you dont mind looking for games here or elsewhere then maybe not a problem.

Laters
Posted:
Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:11 am
quote : #3
If the redesigned PS2 hits the US at $99, then that would be an excellent time to pick up a PS2. Even if you don't want to spend that kind of money on a new system (the price of three or four PSP or DS games), the release of the new system will drop the prices of new current models and used PS2s like crazy.

Saving up for a next gen system is an option, but if you want to get the most gaming bang for your buck, the PS2 is the way to go.

JKKDARK
rank 4
Posted:
Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:11 am
quote : #4
It's not late, don't worry. PlayStation 2 has many many fantastic games, plus a lot of games are still online.

OmegaChrono
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:04 pm
quote : #5
I'm mostly interested in playing online with it. I've been wanting to play Timesplitters: Future Perfect again for the longest time and I really like the Armored Core games since it was on PS1 (even though I don't own any on the PS2) so the option of tunneling is intriguing. But other than FPS and Armored Core games there aren't many other games online for the PS2 that I'm interested in. Depending on how much money I have after Christmas, I'll try to decide whether to buy a PS2 or save up for a next-gen console.