Page 1 of 1
DaMan
rank 19
Posted:
Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:35 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Well it was not much of a OC meet, but I did improve a smidgen from playing a few times this past week.
still did'nt rank up or earn a medal.
and there were definitely plenty of people to play with sure you might get kicked (and have no reason why, clan match?)
by a smidgen I mean that when I started playing last week I barely got a kill while playing a match while not much better I was getting 3-4 kills a match.
I also moved a little in offline play, but seeing how the offline game is completely unrelated to online i'll just leave out any further comments on that matter.

Last edited by DaMan on Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:40 pm
quote : #2
Do you play with a mic? People like to kick players that don't have mics because they feel they mess up the game. It's obviously a stupid ass thought anyways since people WITH mics don't even coordinate jack shit half the time.

The SMG/Assault Rifle were good starter weapons for me. It's probably obvious but a good thing to do is to just observe other players playing habits. You'll learn lots of tricks of the trade just watching others. For example, I learned by observing others that you can kill with C4 from beneath by throwing it on ceilings. Alot of players do that when they wanna knock you off flag 4/5 at Backstab.

I'm really sorry I couldn't make it, but I setup in the GO the days and times I'm likely to be on.
Posted:
Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:30 pm
quote : #3
I struggled badly with this game online and have never been back to it. Im so crap at this kind of game anyway it does not help one bit but I was just ultra bad at this one. On one map I would die every time I spawned within 5 seconds 10 maximum, on another map I couldent even find my way to the battle Laughing and always ended up lost until killed by a random passer by whom often I didnt even know was there Confused

My Mic never worked Sad so I had no luck there either. Maybe I should pick up another mic and give this a go but the easier option for me is probably to pick this up on another platform. Hmmm I'll mull this over when I have time.

Laters
Posted:
Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:26 am
quote : #4
Gforce wrote:
Do you play with a mic?

No mic that explains it.

Gforce wrote:

The SMG/Assault Rifle were good starter weapons for me. It's probably obvious but a good thing to do is to just observe other players playing habits. You'll learn lots of tricks of the trade just watching others. For example, I learned by observing others that you can kill with C4 from beneath by throwing it on ceilings. Alot of players do that when they wanna knock you off flag 4/5 at Backstab.

Did'nt know that for the most part I was trying to play like the PC version and try to stick with someone cover them they cover you, someone kills you they kill them etc.
but most of the time if someone hops into a vehicle or I just get left in the dust and I end up acting like a 'Lone Wolf'
Gforce wrote:
I'm really sorry I couldn't make it, but I setup in the GO the days and times I'm likely to be on.

Np, you let me know that you were serious with your friend invite and the number of games on GO Shocked you scheduled.
Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:34 pm
quote : #5
7-31-08

Didn't really feel like starting a new thread. It was great to see you on DaMan. I had no idea you joined when you did until I mowed you down for a flag Very Happy .

When we went to that other game it was quite fun to. I got sniped trying to shoot for your attention a couple times, but it just made me laugh. I really thought I went overboard on the kills when you were nearby, but I just wanted to make sure you stuck around for cover as long as possible. I really wish this game had those preentered commands like Socom has, because there were a couple times I really wanted to say pull back, but there was no way to warn you.

All in all, despite what your Kill/Death ratios were, I think you were doing fine. Also, on the subject of medals, I'd say not to worry about em. They really aren't to easy to get (why I only have seven after playing so long) and alotta players cheat like hell to get em. Not to say it doesn't feel rewarding to get them without cheating though. I'd shoot for the ribbons moreso because the goals for them are alot easier and it still feels good to get them.
Posted:
Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:29 pm
quote : #6
Yep Very true I tried to find the side you were on but did'nt see.
funny to find you (well like you said you found me) you came down from somewhere I took a shot and you took me out with your gun
meanwhile i'm saying to myself "Hey That's Gforce!"

Cool driving to get behind enemy lines!

EDIT
8-2-08
went online did'nt see anyone but played 2 games.