Page 1 of 2
lazybum
rank 24
Posted:
Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:24 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I got duck hunt this summer and really like having a light gun game to play at home. Is there any ps2 games like duckhunt where you can use a gun to shoot at the screen?
Posted:
Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:29 pm
quote : #2
Hell yea man. You can get pretty much every Time Crisis but number four, Dino Stalker (or hunter?), and a few more. I just freaking hate how you can't get recoil for the home system on your guns though. It leaves alot to be desired when I play Time Crisis:Crisis Zone.
Posted:
Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:55 pm
quote : #3
awesome! is there a bunch of different guns to buy though? have any suggestions for good ones?
Posted:
Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:11 am
quote : #4
I asked this question myself sometime ago in this thread. As you can see, most spoke on the Guncon 2, so I went with that as my choice. It's an excellent gun except for the aforementioned fact it has no recoil. On the other hand, I read this Yobo gun wasn't bad and it even has vibration. If you can wait that long, I can give you my opinion on it when I get it in the mail within the next two weeks or so. Turns out a seller threw up a steal of a price a couple days ago and I figured I might as well order and try it out.
Posted:
Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:16 pm
quote : #5
for recoil u mean vibration?
Posted:
Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:34 pm
quote : #6
They list vibration rather than recoil under the features of it so I'm not sure. I'm hoping it implies recoil though...
Posted:
Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:51 pm
quote : #7
i mean, what does recoil mean for a light gun? some guns having moving parts or something?
Posted:
Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:44 am
quote : #8
lazybum wrote:
i mean, what does recoil mean for a light gun? some guns having moving parts or something?

Have you ever played Crisis Zone in an arcade? If not, here is a picture of the gun and cabinet.

What Gforce means by recoil is that the gun attempts to emulate a little bit of realism by violently vibrating whenever it is fired, throwing off your aim. The best way to work through the recoil is to fire in short bursts instead of holding the trigger down. The large gun in addition to the 'feel' of the recoil were one of the draws of Crisis Zone in the arcade.

Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:49 am
quote : #9
TheMytho wrote:
lazybum wrote:

Have you ever played Crisis Zone in an arcade? If not, here is a picture of the gun and cabinet.

What Gforce means by recoil is that the gun attempts to emulate a little bit of realism by violently vibrating whenever it is fired, throwing off your aim. The best way to work through the recoil is to fire in short bursts instead of holding the trigger down. The large gun in addition to the 'feel' of the recoil were one of the draws of Crisis Zone in the arcade.
'
Yuppp and a damn awsome draw at that.
Posted:
Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:48 pm
quote : #10
no dont think ive played that in the arcade, if i do dont remember, havent been to an arcade since i was younger. I remember playing house of the dead with shotgun controllers though that was cool.
Posted:
Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:52 pm
quote : #11
lazybum wrote:
no dont think ive played that in the arcade, if i do dont remember, havent been to an arcade since i was younger. I remember playing house of the dead with shotgun controllers though that was cool.

If you also play Time Crisis 2 in the arcade, you'll notice the gun clicks back with every shot you take.

On a sidenote, House Of Dead 3 wore my arm out having me pump that shotgun so much.

Posted Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:03 pm:

Ok! I got the gun...

The instructions on the box are in reallllly fuggin broke english so I'd prepare myself for that...

It's orange like the GunCon2 (GC from on out) and the B button is placed at the end of the shaft instead of above the trigger and on the shaft like the GC. The C button is at the bottom of the gun like the GC although it's about 1/4 the size of the GC's. The directional pad is also placed in the same location as the GC's, which is closer to the thumb.

Flip the gun over and you'll see that the Select & Start buttons are located together above the trigger and on the shaft. Much like the A button's location on the GC. On this gun however, the A button is in two spots instead of one. The first spot is on the grip of the gun which is a little tricky to use and the second spot is at the end of the shaft.

Now for the gun's unique features. The gun has two switches on it's shaft, alongside the A button. The first switch is used to select from Normal, Auto Fire, and Auto Reload + Auto Fire mode. The second switch is used to select between GunCon2, GunCon, and Normal operating mode. In the same location as the C button, there are two other things. A switch for vibration and another hole for a pedal add-on. I can confirm the vibration works well. The gun slightly shakes at the grip of the gun where your hand is located and it shakes every time you pull the trigger, but not when you hold it down, so don't expect it to constantly shake when Crisis Zone is played. Also, make sure to plug all the included hookups in if you wish to play with the vibration...

Lastly, the gun has a little pump feature on it which is basically ANOTHER way to reload. Instead of pushing A or B, all you have to do is pull the pump back.

Overall, I'd say this gun a good buy for the money and a worthy comp to the GC.
Posted:
Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:34 pm
quote : #12
sounds good, i like how it can be used for guncon 1 games as well, only thing is I wonder how durable it is.
Posted:
Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:43 pm
quote : #13
lazybum wrote:
sounds good, i like how it can be used for guncon 1 games as well, only thing is I wonder how durable it is.
Yea, I was worrying about the test of time as I wrote all that.
Posted:
Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:46 pm
quote : #14
http://www.amazon.com/Playstation-2-Freeshot-Lightblaster-Gun/dp/B0002OJQ6S/ref=wl_it_dp?ie=UTF8&col iid=I26GVUADZGWTCG&colid=3L73UFKYA8F1B

this one also looks interesting, its wireless and works with both guncon1 and 2 games

it would be a risk to buy , because there is only one real review for it, the othe 2 just complain it doesnt work on high def sets, idiots lol

it can be bought new for 11 bucks 2
Posted:
Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:10 pm
quote : #15
lazybum wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/Playstation-2-Freeshot-Lightblaster-Gun/dp/B0002OJQ6S/ref=wl_it_dp?ie=U TF8&coliid=I26GVUADZGWTCG&colid=3L73UFKYA8F1B

this one also looks interesting, its wireless and works with both guncon1 and 2 games

it would be a risk to buy , because there is only one real review for it, the othe 2 just complain it doesnt work on high def sets, idiots lol

it can be bought new for 11 bucks 2

Yeaaaa, I noticed that crap. People don't read around for nothing and it doesn't help that that third review is barely understandable. I tried to look around for some other reviews on the thing, but I found nothing. If you feel good about that gun, then go for it. I'd take the chance since it's so low. However, If you want that Yobo one, it'll run you 24$ new...

Surprised Ha! I noticed that comment you left.