1, 2  Next
Kannibal
rank 13
Posted:
Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:55 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I only played some of the first one and never got to play the second one. is there any enhancements in part 2 compared to the first?
Posted:
Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:15 pm
quote : #2
whoo boy let me tell you. first off are the graphics which are miles better. your bullet time works a little differently making it a little easier to play. you get to control another character to see another side to a mission. overall i like number two more than one. but if you can get into the story they are both worth playing through to the end. i actually love both of these games very much but if i had to choose i would give the edge to number two.

Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:45 pm
quote : #3
Pretty much what shrap said. I'll add that I am FREAKING PUMPED for the movie that's coming out to.
Posted:
Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:37 pm
quote : #4
i'm unsure about the movie b/c i don't remember angels and demons snatching people out of windows but as long as mark wahlberg gets the monotone voice down for the set up of parts in the movie i think it may be worth checking out.

Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:17 pm
quote : #5
shrap wrote:
i'm unsure about the movie b/c i don't remember angels and demons snatching people out of windows but as long as mark wahlberg gets the monotone voice down for the set up of parts in the movie i think it may be worth checking out.
Really? I think I can be down with the more symbolic stuff they're throwing in it, but I'm still not totally sold on Walhberg. I figured they picked him because they needed someone more well known to get non-gamers in on it. James McCaffrey might've still been a good choice if they dyed his hair black in my book though...
Posted:
Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:38 pm
quote : #6
shrap wrote:

that made crack the fahk up...lol...where did you see this trailer? I seriously have to see that man!

Photobucket
Posted:
Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:02 pm
quote : #7
Kannibal wrote:
shrap wrote:

that made crack the fahk up...lol...where did you see this trailer? I seriously have to see that man!

Photobucket

LOL, Where have you been at man??? They've been playing those adverts like crazzzzzy, especially on FOX's networks.
Posted:
Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:31 am
quote : #8
well i do think that they have the dark look of the games down, and when i saw the start of the trailer i was thinking that it would be a pretty good adaption but then that angel pulls that guy through a window and i was like huh. checked my mental memory bank and could't recall anything remotely like it in the game. just so long as it does't turn out to be the constantine movie staring max payne it might be okay.

gRiMgRaVy014
rank 10
Posted:
Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:07 am
quote : #9
If you have the chance to, I would highly recommend playing through both Max Payne games, both are pretty enjoyable.

Einhander
rank 11
Posted:
Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:29 am
quote : #10
I've been meaning to play some Max Payne since I really enjoyed playing The Punisher, which I have heard is essentially a carbon copy of Max Payne.

I can never seem to find a copy of either game in my area, though.

shrap
rank 8
Posted:
Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:13 pm
quote : #11
just wait until the dream/halucination levels some of my all time favorites.

Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:18 pm
quote : #12
shrap wrote:
just wait until the dream/halucination levels some of my all time favorites.
Really? I haaaated those things. I was like, "are they freaking serious about this baby crying in the background????"
Posted:
Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:33 pm
quote : #13
thats the coolest part, when you have to find your way through the level using the babies cries and your wifes sobbing. it really puts you into his state of mind knowing that the whole reason your doing this level is b/c of the grief he feels. or at least thats what i gather from those levels.

gRiMgRaVy014
rank 10
Posted:
Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:56 pm
quote : #14
Oh man, I remember those levels.

They were quite simple, once you figured them out they were pretty cool.

shrap
rank 8
Posted:
Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:22 pm
quote : #15
oooh oooh oooh when the babies crying gets louder or his wifes sobs of "max no, i'm sooorry". it's all so creapy but it made me feel sorry for the guy when all i was playing was a brainless shooter with a couple of cool gimmicks.