Page Location: Home > Playstation 2 Lounge > Topic
Blast
rank 19
Posted:
Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:09 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Ive made a post about this in general at the DC side of the site for general comments I suggest using that thread.

On the PS2 side here I wonder as they have specified there is to be free DVD postage how long before PS2 games come into that same group? With the boxs being the same size I guess it could be done easily console by console.

Ebay message below

Dear eBay Community Member,
We'd like to advise you of changes to our Postage & Packaging Policy that will come into effect on 27th January 2009.
The new policy requirements for listing on eBay.co.uk include:

The need for sellers to specify a domestic P&P cost on all their listings.

The introduction of maximum costs for domestic P&P in the following categories:

Video Games

Books / Comics / Magazines

Music

DVD, Film and TV

Mobile and Home Phones
All DVD listings to offer free P&P for domestic deliveries.
Excessive P&P costs are cited as a major reason for buyers spending less online. Offering a competitive P&P cost can drive higher sales conversions on eBay.
We believe these changes will enable sellers to continue offering the best value on eBay, and allow for us to continue serving you with the largest volume of buyers on the web.
To help sellers add this information to multiple listings at once, we've added new functionality which will be available in Selling Manager and Turbo Lister.
To find out more information about these changes, please visit the eBay General Announcement Board.
Regards
The eBay Team

END OF MESSAGE

Laters
Posted:
Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:26 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Seems like a real annoyance. I'll stick with selling my shit on Amazon.
Posted:
Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:57 pm
quote : #3
i don't think it's that bad of an idea. you can look up almost any game right now and the cost of shipping varies dramastically. some people charge only about $5 but then you look up some other game and someone wants $25 for shipping. the only thing that worries me is that people will stop putting these games up for bid and just do pay now and tack on there $20 shipping in the total price. Sad

Blast
rank 19
Posted:
Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:13 pm
quote : #4
shrap wrote:
i don't think it's that bad of an idea. you can look up almost any game right now and the cost of shipping varies dramastically. some people charge only about $5 but then you look up some other game and someone wants $25 for shipping. the only thing that worries me is that people will stop putting these games up for bid and just do pay now and tack on there $20 shipping in the total price. Sad

Ebay want the seller to put all the P&P in the selling cost. If a game costs 1 to buy and 1 to post ebay only gets a final value fee on the 1 to buy. However if postage is banned and the seller makes the sell 2 then ebay gets a final value fee on 2 now and not 1. They have doubled the money, a nice little earner. So far this is just for DVD's but this will make them lots of money and I fear its only time until this spreads. Whatever way its looked at its more money for ebay and less for you. Less for your game sell and less for you to spend on the next game. Not the case yet of course its only DVD's but it still remains to be seen what ceilings Ebay impose on Video game postage.

Laters