Page Location: Home > Playstation 2 Lounge > Topic
Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:55 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
If you want to get a dance pad for cheap, you can go to your local Family Dollar and pick up High School Musical 3. Course I'm not a fan of HSM, but I can't pass up the opportunity to get a dance pad for only $5-10 since it all comes bundled together. I don't know anything about it's reliability, but if you turn out to be a highly casual DDR player like me, you probably won't be seeking anything that the more serious players look for.
Posted:
Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:52 am
quote : #2
Ha! nice that is a pretty good idea Wink
rank 19
Posted:
Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:46 pm
quote : #3
Thanks for the info Gforce now someone can get 2 pads and not break the bank.
lazybum
rank 24
Posted:
Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:12 pm
quote : #4
I have never tried ddr. I think I would suck at it since I have no rhythm. But I can appreciate a good deal when I see one, so good job on figuring this out haha.
Posted:
Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:13 pm
quote : #5
oh damn...just toss the game out the window while you're at it...but the local shop near me is beginning to jam the prices into everyone's wallets!

he even gets his dog to block the door until you buy something regardless of how overpriced it is!

so if the bundle cost at your assumed pricing, then I don't mind getting another DDR pad!

thanks for the info/idea dude!

lazybum wrote:
I have never tried ddr. I think I would suck at it since I have no rhythm. But I can appreciate a good deal when I see one, so good job on figuring this out haha.

DDR is very fun, specially with a friend! you literally reduce the risk of heart problems if you play this extensively! I've met people that have lost some serious weight playing this game. you should try it out, but this game is not for everyone cause it has some songs not many prefer or are not that popular. The NA versions of the Konami series DDR are known to have popular songs from NA but all the other reginal DDR games have that stuff as well!
Posted:
Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:24 am
quote : #6
lazybum wrote:

Prior to getting DDR:X a few days ago, I hadn't played DDR any more than 5 times in my whole life! This is because I was HORRIBLE at the series and I also kind of thought it was a little embarrassing to be seen playing it. I mean gosh, you look like an idiot when you lose and there's still a good laugh to be had if you're doing really good at the harder songs. All this taken aside, the experience really changes when you play the game at your own home.

I've been doing really good with this game since I bought it. As an indicator of my progress, I can tell you that the difficulty level ranges from 1 to (what I've seen so far) 13 and I can currently play at a setting of 5 which is damn near amazing to me. So, don't be scared off by a lack of rhythm lazy, because I don't have any either. As long as you aren't to proud to start off at REALLY easy difficulties, you'll pick up on this games patterns fast.

The only question I have so far is this: how do I lower the pain in my feet from playing this game???? I'd like to play more but since I'm still so sore, I haven't played any since Monday.
Posted:
Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:16 pm
quote : #7
Heh, well maybe I could get into it. I will be so short on space at my new apartment though that finding room for a dance mat would be impossible.
Posted:
Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:51 am
quote : #8
lazybum wrote:
Heh, well maybe I could get into it. I will be so short on space at my new apartment though that finding room for a dance mat would be impossible.

actually, unless you are moving into a closet sized apartment[which I highly doubt] there should be no problem fitting in at least one dance mat.

but it also depends on how you have your sofa and your TV. You may have to play very close to the TV which is a challenge to get used to.