Page Location: Home > Tribes Aerial Assault > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sun May 24, 2015 3:59 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
OC is now operating a Ventrillo Server. This applies the most to TribesAA since we don't have a way to keyboard chat in the game. Since all Dreamcast games support keyboard chat for communication already, I am posting about this here first.

password: ocgaming

Feel free to connect and use this when playing. TheMytho and I connected and tested it out, and it works.
rank 34
Posted:
Sun May 24, 2015 12:14 pm
quote : #2
So is there a new tribes room up like a aads? I didn't see any new rooms on for tribes that were password blocked. How is this for tribes?

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sun May 24, 2015 5:36 pm
quote : #3
Ventrilo is a voice chat server:

http://www.ventrilo.com/
http://www.mangler.org/ (linux client)

It allows us to use a USB Headset to chat online over the PC.
rank 34
Posted:
Wed May 27, 2015 5:20 pm
quote : #4
I remember people playing like that back in the day. We would also call each other on the phone and figure a strategic move. I thought it was cheating but since others were doing it too, well hell.

I won't be doing it though.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed May 27, 2015 9:17 pm
quote : #5
TheMytho and I would talk about gaming in general whenever we chatted over Ventrilo, or offtopic stuff. Same with my brother and I on SWBF. I use it to chat about general stuff while playing.

The only time every word out of my mouth would be about in-game coordination is if I was being paid to play in a tournament, but when does that ever happen? Never. So, I prefer spontaneous fun instead of:

"Hey Bob, hey... hey... follow me over to the side of the base and... hey.. Bob are you listening? Hey..guys... hey... Snafu get the target on the left while I go around hey.......hey..... is my mic working? HELLO... 1 second 'MOM I am trying to beat the other team right now, I can't... just.. argg leave the chocolate milk there! I will get it in a minute!! You're gonna make me lose....' .. hey guys I am back sorry about that, so as I was saying..."

Laughing
rank 34
Posted:
Thu May 28, 2015 4:13 pm
quote : #6
Good shit, good shit. Even talking about getting milk or talking to your mom is general chat. Keep your head in the game, but general chat is fun. Hell, i even busted out singing like doing karaoke tunes and to some it made laugh, others... well, it pissed them off and distracted them so to me it means it worked.

Still funny stuff there lordnikon.