Topic: AADS is up and running

Page 1 of 1
Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:32 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
I'm going to be in the ctf room Sunday at 4:30pm cst so join if you can.

koss
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:00 am
quote : #2
Hey is there any way we can set up an AADS server for next sunday?

Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:10 pm
quote : #3
There are three known aads programs left.

One of them is very buggy, another one will always crash in like 5 minutes, and the other one we tested out is laggy. It is not the computer or the internet speed, it is the program, but at least you can still talk and you can't do the little glitches you can do when taa is hosted through the ps2.

AADS is hosted through the computer and i have never hosted that way, i just help testing the programs out to judge which one is best. So, i can't do it and if it was done again and there were less than three players, it wouldn't be good.

I have the special disc where i can host a hacked room, but i only host those rooms for a short amount of time.

koss
rank 9
Posted:
Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:00 pm
quote : #4
This is strange... why do the AADS programs perform differently than they did several years ago when they ran without issue?

koss
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:56 am
quote : #5
I really wish we could figure out why the dedicated servers are glitchy/laggy because being able to use the chat feature adds so much to the game. You determined the cause was not internet connection, but how did you determine the cause was not the computer being used to host? Could it be possible that there is a compatibility issue with the o/s? How could the issue be the program? The software couldn't have changed from the past, back when AADS servers were abundant, right? I want to know why it doesn't work any more. Evil or Very Mad