Page 1 of 1
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:39 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I have had the expert controls saved to my memory card for years. I don't make many changes to my save. As a result, I have completly forgotten what steps invalidate the expert controls forcing you to re-grab them from an AADS server.

Does anyone remember what would require you to re-download the expert controls? Is it just removing the EXPERT-A or B name from your buddy list? or will other things like changing your username cause an issue?
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:11 am
quote : #2
I never even knew expert controls existed until now. They must not have been known about back in the day, because I am pretty sure I would have heard about them, and I know I'd remember seeing people suicide or throw the flag. It'd be cool to try them out, although it looks like that won't be an option for me since AADS no longer exists Mad

Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:00 am
quote : #3
Back when AADS was down and then back up and players played again with a new memory card and doing everything just right for Expert a controller to work like always. It stopped working and the only trick i found out that works is that you have to be grandfathered in from a old ps2 memory card that worked back then and copy it over to the new memory card. It was weird, but it worked. I offered to mail one of my cards out so old players could talk again.