Page 1 of 1
Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:01 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hey i dunno if any1 knew this already but metal slug 4and 5 are slated to be released as a combo package around january or at ;east thats wut i read in unofficail psm Mr. Green
Posted:
Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:44 am
quote : #2
And, if you're interested in Metal Slug 3, it is out already in Japan and some reports say that it should be coming to the US in September. That is still pretty strong speculation, but it could happen.
Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:48 pm
quote : #3
Man, I just got Metal SLug 4 & 5 about 2 weeks ago. It's a fun series no doubt, but there is ZERO challenge in this port man. Theres basically unlimited lives and even if you use up all your lives and resort to a continue, it doesn't jack your score back to zero. So you could basically walk away from the game for an hour and not worry about a damn thing.
Posted:
Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:39 pm
quote : #4
Actually, check the score. The last digit should now be 1 if you used one continue, and then a 2 if you used another continue.

Combating the unlimited continues is no different than playing on an emulator where you can just keep hitting the insert credit button all you want.

You just need to exhibit self control thats all. Start the game, and if you die, let the continue counter run down and then start all over.

Though I wouldn't do this until later on. In the past on arcade games I used to die, start over, die, start over, die, start over. The problem is I would master the early stages and never master the later stages. So now I simply practice playing the game to death, continuing all I want trying of course not to ever die. Then I will start taking stabs at 1CC'ing the game.